Before my daughter, I would pull out my fancy Canon Rebel or Canon point n shoot, stage my shots, wait for the perfect light and shoot beautiful pictures. Then I would take them into Photoshop and manipulate them into small works of art to share with all of you.
Then I had a baby. Now I scramble for my iPhone and Instagram blurry legs and arms and hope I captured something that makes sense. However, I do not necessarily want to publish those shots right away. I want to use the Instagram filters to jazz them up to my design standards, but hold on to them until I decide if they will stay personal or make their way onto the blog.
I knew there had to be a way to access the Instagram filters, but not "share" the photos. I googled it and found a super simple tutorial for the answer. (For iPhone)
1. Go to Settings on iphone - Turn ON Airplane Mode. Turns off the wifi and disables Internet access.
2. Open Instagram - take or choose an existing picture. Crop picture. Choose filter.
3. Save by hitting Next in top right corner.
4. Choose Share in the top right corner. It will NOT publish.
5. Instagram will save your filtered photo in your Photos folder. It will say "Failed" and a delete photo X option. Click the X to delete the photo.
6. Go to Settings turn the Airplane Mode back OFF.
7. Then I just email myself the photo and upload away in my blog post...between diaper changes and naps.